Living the Christian life can be more about living day to day your faith and attending Church functions. For many its also their full time vocation and this goes well beyond the obvious position of the position of pastor or priest.
- Accountants are needed in the churches, schools, Christian businesses, non-profit organizations operated by the churches.
- Music Professionals are needed in the churches to help with the choirs, orchestra, and often used in the Church-School segment.
- Teachers are used by churches to teach the religion but they are often used in the church-school to teach the basic subjects that are taught by public schools. Many churches operate religious Academy’s that teach children from Nursery School to High School graduation.
- Office personnel are needed in all churches, church schools, and non-profit divisions of the churches. These people consist of secretaries, administrative assistants, and others to operate the offices.
- Maintenances people are often used in the churches, church-schools, and the non-profit organizations.
- There are those who are Directors, Administrators, and hold other high positions. All of these positions can come from people who have worked in the public doing the same positions.
- The churches all need priests, ministers, or clergy in order to operate properly and hold services.
Most churches and religious groups are very honorable, respectable people who uphold the laws of the land and the laws of the churches in which they believe. There are very few of those who are dishonest but it does not reflect on the church or religion. The use of professional means in any religious organization is the grounds to be fired and often a person will face criminal charges. There are very few of these types of people in the churches.
Then unfortunately, there are those few who have build-up a huge church with many followers who are using religion as a professional means to obtain funds for their own personal gain. Most of these people are caught and lose their position in the churches and face going to jail. They have hurt those who followed their lead and have made many people disheartened when it comes to religion. People in all honesty should not look to those people but just look around at the many Christians who have used their professional skills to aid their church and help many people who are in need. Many good professional Christians have showed what Christianity is all about in their services.
It’s Not About the Money… It’s All About Dedication
These are just some of the positions that are available in the Christianity professions. In some cases, the professions pay a good income while others are part volunteer with some compensation. It is not always the amount of money received for the Christian duties that you perform but it is the dedication and belief that most Christians have that drive them to perform these duties.
Christian professions can require a college degree in specific areas or those who have a high school degree can do them. It depends on the type of job that is to be performed as to the degree of education that is needed. Christianity as a profession has become very lucrative for some but not so much for others