In case a person goes under judicial custody, the judicial system provides for a way of defense. You can get freedom by taking bail. By using it, you can get yourself out of prison within a short period. It provides for the defendant to spend valuable time with loved ones outside the jail. However, the process of getting bail is a tedious task. It is a temporary allowance provided by the legal system for making the defendant accountable for court dates. It includes different conditions like getting bail by paying money, pledging a property, returning to the judicial system for hearings, and many such related issues. Many people ponder upon the question that can you bail yourself out of jail? Therefore it is necessary to understand the bail process to deal with the legal paperwork effectively.
A comprehensive guide to the process of bail
• After the trial is over, the bail is fully refunded in either case whether the accused is innocent or guilty. However, missing any court date makes the bail non-refundable.
• Various factors affect the cost of bail. It includes the accused’s financial standing, the criminal record of the person, the seriousness of the crime committed, the risk level of fleeing by the accused, etc.
• In case the accused cannot afford the cash for the bill, they can use the help of a bail bond. In this case, you may hire a bondsman to pay the account using a bail bond.
• Bail bonds come in the form of a contract between the court, the accused, and the bail bondsman. While hiring a bail bondsman, you may have to pay non-refundable charges.
• In some cases, the bondsman in respect of the court promises about willingness to pay the entire amount of bond if the accused fails to show up in the court. For this, they have to enter into a separate contract.
• One very crucial thing associated with bail is that if the accused has no financial problems, they can pay the bail amount and get themselves free from jail. It enables them to bail themselves within a short period. All you have to do is pay the defendant’s cash bail.
• You may take the help of your friend or family member for paying the bail amount when you are behind bars. Like a good credit score, long-term residence, first-time offense, and stable job, many factors play a crucial role in getting you out of the bars.
• Only if you do not have the necessary cash to pay for the bail amount should you go for hiring a bondsman to fetch you freedom. You may have to go through the contract in detail to make the best decision possible.
Hence we can establish one thing quickly from the above points that the process of getting bail for yourself is hugely dependent upon your financial condition. When you have resources, you should go for a bail bondsman who can guide you in the process. They have all the necessary knowledge and expertise about the area to help you sail through the process.