The driveway plays a significant part in the aesthetic of your home’s exterior, and concrete is by far one of the best materials you can choose to build the driveway. Concrete driveways are hard-wearing, have a great appearance and are easy to clean. There are several types of concrete you can choose for your home’s driveway. Permeable Paving Melbourne can help you provide the best surfaces for your residential or commercial properties.
This article walks you through the different kinds of concrete driveways available in the market and how to select the right one for your home.
Types of concrete driveways
The following are some common types of concretes for driveways. But before going into details, make sure to visit concrete Melbourne to learn more about the benefits of employing expert concrete contractors.
- Plain or coloured: This concrete type is the most popular material for the driveway. The concrete is durable, sleek, simple and can be used on almost any surface. Homeowners can choose from plain concrete or colourful ones to add vibrancy to their homes. If you are looking for a trusted concrete contractor with unmatched years of experience to handle your projects, contact Cloud Concrete Seattle.
- Exposed aggregate concrete: This type of concrete is versatile, highly appealing, decorative and durable. It comes in a standard grey or off-white cement blend with some customised small aggregates. Its finishes are not smooth and are designed by pouring concrete with aggregates like stones, pebbles or slates. The end product looks natural and works exceptionally well with the natural environment. Methods used to create this effect include abrasive blasting, high-pressure hose, and acid etching and honing. Sealants are used to protect the finished surface. Every aggregate blend is stunning and complement each brick, weatherboards and rendered houses.
- Stencilled concrete: This concrete type can look like pavers, slate, tiles, and stone brickwork. It may also produce an elaborate design with a distinct appeal. It is created by manipulating the concrete pavement’s surface after the concrete has thickened, but before it hardens completely. The market offers various stencil patterns.
- Slate concrete: This type of concrete has an elegant finish that adds both depth and texture to the driveway. It is created by stamping slate mats with texture into readily available concrete before the setting phase to imitate stone or slate. Homeowners can seal the concrete with a glossy finish to give their driveway a touch of finesse. There is a wide range of decorative slate colours and patterns available in the market. You can contact driveway paving experts on paverssandiegoca.com and find out whether it is still fine to just improve your existing driveway paving or if you really have to install a new one.
Choosing The Right Concrete Driveway For Your Home
When selecting the right concrete driveways, homeowners should consider the following factors:
- Functionality: The critical thing homeowners should consider when choosing a concrete driveway is its functionality, or how the homeowners intend to use the driveway. The concrete’s size, length and position concerning the house can impact their decision. Hence, it would be best for homeowners to first identify their needs and purpose upfront before selecting a concrete driveway.
- Style: Another essential consideration would be the house’s overall style and the homeowner’s personal preferences. Homeowners can skim through a contractor’s project gallery to look through the different driveway designs and choose one that struck them the most.
- Price: The cost of concrete driveways differs, depending on their types and finishes. To get the best price, homeowners can try contacting multiple concrete driveway contractors to get the estimated quotes. Homeowners can then compare the price points and pick one which fits their budget.
- Reputation and credibility: Apart from the concrete itself, homeowners should also consider the years of experience and trustworthiness of the concrete driveway contractors for best quality and services.
There is a wide range of concrete driveways available in the market. To choose the right one for your home, consider your reason for using the concrete driveway, its style, and cost.
Author bio: Helen Harry is a freelance writer and a GOT fan. Apart from writing Technologies, she likes to read & write fiction. More than anything, she loves to spend her time with her family, explaining technologies to the elders.