When you search the internet for fruits with high antioxidant score, it will show you berries such as blueberries, acai berries, Maqui berries, and more. It’s true that these fruits are good sources of antioxidants. But today, there’s this one super fruit that is known to have the most powerful natural antioxidant and it is called Coffeeberry.
Coffeeberry is the whole fruit of the coffee plant and it can be the most powerful of natural antioxidants, better than white tea, blueberries, and pomegranates. They are the fruits from the Coffea Arabica plant, which are the seeds of the coffee beans we know and love. They are cherry-like and highly perishable. Here is one of our favorite coffee berry juice to try.
Coffeeberry for a Healthy Skin
Coffee berries are believed to be extremely rich in antioxidants. It is because the plants grow near the equator and at high altitudes where the sun’s oxidizing rays are strongest. The coffee plants synthesize these powerful antioxidants to protect itself from the high doses of ultraviolet radiation.
Though lots of fruits contain antioxidants, the coffeeberry beats other sources with more than three times the level of concentration found in green tea and blueberries. It contains polyphenols which neutralize free radicals in and on the skin before they can affix to skin cells and destroy the membrane.
Coffeeberry is known to be safe even for sensitive skin types due to its natural properties and its antioxidants are believed to prevent cellular damage in the skin. It can also prevent wrinkles and other sun damage from developing.
The very first skin product line to use coffeeberry extract as an anti-aging treatment is RevaleSkin. They claim that the coffeeberry extract is ten times more powerful compared to green tea and it can protect the skin against UVA and UVB radiation. They sell coffeeberry in the form of cleanser, day cream, and night cream.
Aside from RevaleSkin, there are now other skin product lines that use coffeeberry in their products.
Health Benefits of Coffeeberry
- When you apply it to your skin, polyphenolic antioxidants in Coffeeberry soak up damaging free radicals caused by ultraviolet light and other stress to your skin. This can reduce the formation of wrinkles.
- The plant polyphenols from Coffeeberry can be a topical anti-inflammatory when applied to the skin. It can treat inflammatory skin diseases such as contact dermatitis or eczema.
- When plant polyphenols are consumed, it can neutralize toxic free radicals throughout the body. There are also some data that says it can help protect against coronary artery disease.
- Coffeeberry which is high in plant polyphenols might also help lower the cholesterol.
- It might also help protect against Alzheimer’s Disease or diseases like asthma.
- It has a positive effect on blood sugar and it also provides relief from inflammation. It also contains chlorogenic acid which is the main active weight loss compound and it has an effective result on consuming in food diet.
- As a food supplement, coffeeberry can make you free from artificially manufactured food supplements. Its compounds offer the immune system support and relief from inflammation.
How is Coffeeberry Extracted and Used?
The coffee berry extract is from the fruit of coffee cherry obtained from coffee Arabica that is grown in Ethiopia. When it reaches its sub-ripe growth stage, it is then harvested. Coffeeberry has three layers and the two seeds which are the coffee beans. The upper layer is called Pulp, the middle layer is called Mucilage, and the lower layer is called Hull or Husk.
Once the coffeeberry is picked from the plant, its seeds are taken out, roasted, and further processed for making different health products.
Coffeeberry is available in powder form as well as in extract form. It can be used as a dietary supplement or it can be added to foods and drinks like smoothies and health bars.
It’s great to know that there is still a way to keep our skin and body healthy in a natural way and that is through the use and consumption of Coffeeberry.
If you’re looking for a great food supplement or a good skin care product, you might want to look for Coffeeberry extracts in their ingredients. It is far better compared to artificial food supplements and skin care products with lots of chemicals.