The SBI PO 2021 or the State Bank of India Probationary Officer recruitment drive happens yearly. Eligible candidates are invited to apply, and successful candidates join this prestigious public sector bank. Candidates need to follow several rules and regulations while filling the SBI PO application form, and care needs to be exercised, lest the online application is rejected.
The SBI PO is eligible for a decent salary, one of the best in the Indian banking sector; hence, there is always a rush for registration and competing in the written exam.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for the SBI PO position need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria set by the SBI. The primary eligibility requirement is that candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree and must be between 21 and 30 years of age to be eligible to apply. There are several relaxation levels, based on the category the applicants belong to, like reserved categories. However, only eligible candidates may apply.
The SBI PO application form
List of SBI PO Eligibility Criteria Factors
The significant eligibility criteria factors include:
- Educational Qualifications
Please note that only candidates who fulfil the above criteria are eligible to apply. Besides these, there are certain other conditions that candidates need to fulfil.
The primary eligibility criterion for the SBI PO application form is the candidates’ nationality. Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for this position. The citizens of other countries living in India are not eligible. Any applications received from other nationals will be summarily rejected.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 30 years
There is a relaxation in the age limit for specific categories. The age relaxation details are as follows:
Category Age Relaxation
Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) 5 years
Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-creamy layer 3 years
PWD (SC/ST) 15 years
PWD (OBC) 13 years
PWD (Gen/EWS) 10 years
Ex-servicemen 5 years
Jammu & Kashmir domiciled persons
between 01-01-1980 and 31-12-1989 5 years
The minimum prescribed qualification is any bachelor’s degree from a recognised University. There are some additional points to note, given below:
Additional Points regarding Educational Qualifications
- Candidates who have written their final year exams and awaiting results are also eligible to apply. They need to produce proof of having passed the degree during the interview process.
- Candidates possessing an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) need to produce proof of the date of passing the IDD.
- Candidates who have passed the Chartered Accountancy exam are also eligible to apply.
- The date mentioned on the provisional certificate or mark sheet issued by the University is considered the date of passing the degree exam. Please don’t make any mistakes while filling in the date.
- If the results were published online by the University, you need to get a certificate from the University. The certificate should mention the date the results were published online. This date is considered as the date of passing the degree exam.
- The percentage of marks obtained in the degree examination is denoted in the nearest two decimals.
- If only CGPA or OGPA is available, it may be converted into a percentage and mentioned in your online application. However, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority is required as proof of percentage conversion.
- The percentage is calculated by dividing the total marks obtained by the number of subjects. Any fractions are rounded-off to the nearest decimal.
Other Important Criteria
- Candidates who have defaulted in repayment of any loans or with credit card dues are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with any adverse CIBIL reports are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates with a bad character or conduct certificates that slur their character or moral turpitude are not eligible to apply.
Summing it Up
SBI is a premium bank in the public sector. There is an unprecedented rush to apply for the SBI PO positions. Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying.