Board Games are one of the best sources of entertainment. They can be engaging and a good option for passing the time. They are available in many variants as they can be chance-based or strategy-based. Mostly, they involve 2 or more participants. Some board games are played for hours, while others may be shorter.
Historically, board games have been popular in all ancient civilizations. However, the first-ever board game existed in Egypt in the 4th century B.C. Over time, they have been remodeled in new formats and ideas.
Popular Board Games
Amongst the popular board games are Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, Chess, Cards, Monopoly, and Scrabble. These games have been in vogue for decades, and now, new and improved games are also available in the market. Though the advent of video games proved to bring a downslide in demand for board games, they are still alive and kicking. Options like trivia games make them even more popular, especially for baby boomers that aren’t as tech-savvy as millennials.
What Are Trivia Board Games?
A Trivia board game, like Boom Again, tests the knowledge and presence of mind of the participants. Two or more people are needed to play, and individual members or teams can play the game. Since it involves questions, the game may be thematic, or it may focus on various topics.
These games can be custom made at home, or you may purchase trivia board games from a well-known creator and innovator. These games may be of varying intellect. You can customize the scoring pattern according to your wish.
Mostly, trivia games are knowledge-based. However, one may get questions of varying difficulty, based on chance. They are quite popular among people of all ages, as you can play this game at home, in pubs and at social get together like picnics and vacations.
Tips to Win Trivia Board Games
The board game requires knowledge, quick decision-making, and presence of mind. Well, if you need help win your next round of trivia, here are some tips you need to check out.
- Preparation: As goes the saying, practice makes a man perfect. There can probably never be a replacement for preparation. These board games, however trivial it may seem should e dealt with a minimum amount of preparation. You can revise some questions which are most common in all trivia games. A tip can be to divide the topics amongst your team members. This way, you are in a position to cover more topics in less time.
- Choose your teammate wisely. You may choose your teammate, keeping in mind below mentioned points. Here, variety is also crucial. Diversified knowledge possessed by every individual is an asset for the team. This will enable the team to answer a wide range of questions.
- Age difference Matter. Age difference amongst team members is an advantage for a team. Team members of different ages and backgrounds would mean a wide variety of knowledge amongst team members.
- Be Patient. Team members are often in a hurry to answer questions. As a result, the team may miss some of the minute details. You might also reveal the answers to your opponent in the process of discussing them within your team. Thus, as a team, you must take sufficient time in every turn.
- Try to Read Your Opponent’s Mind. The opponent is as good as you know them. The best thing is to judge the strengths and weaknesses of your contender. The game can progress accordingly.
- Keep a Check On Your Intake. Food and drinks are a must in any social scenario. It does not matter whether you are having a pub trivia night or a house party. However, you are advised to drink within your limits. Drinking too much may hamper your winning chances. It is essential to have an optimum concentration in the game. However, limiting your drinks does not imply that you cannot drink. Thus, your priority must be enjoying yourself with friends.
Fun with Board Games
A trivia game can be fun to play. You can plan a weekend night out at your place. The game can be enjoyed in pubs. You may also plan social evenings on weekends for a trivia quiz. The saying ‘The more, the merrier’ fits perfectly for this game. It is best enjoyed when we have a larger gathering. It is also an excellent option to socialize and make new friends.
Many trivia board games are available online and can be self-created using wonderful ideas. Hope you enjoy your evenings with loved ones alongside an exciting and nail-biting trivia game.