If you vape and are the type of person who loves variety, there’s a good chance that you’d like to have the ability to change flavors from time to time in order to enjoy some new experiences. It’s even possible that you’ve tried changing the juice in your vape simply by adding some new e-liquid to the existing juice in the tank – and if you’ve tried that, you were probably very disappointed by the flavor. Mixing two e-liquids in the same tank tends to cancel out the distinct flavors of the juices, leaving you with an e-liquid that doesn’t taste like much of anything at all.
Maybe you were discouraged by that first experiment, so you tried again. This time, you waited until your tank was empty before adding more vape juice – but you ran into another problem called flavor ghosting. Although it seemed like all of the previous e-liquid was gone from the tank, you could still taste it in the background as you used the new vape juice. Flavor ghosting only becomes worse the more often you switch between different flavors.
So, how can you change the juice in your vape without having to worry about tasting your previous e-liquid due to flavor ghosting? As you’re about to learn, the answer to that question is actually surprisingly simple. In this article, we’re going to walk you through the process. First, though, let’s discuss a far easier solution that might work better for you if you love variety.
Love Changing Flavors? Buy More Than One Tank or Try a Pod System
If you enjoy changing vape juice flavors frequently, you can do so by cleaning your device’s tank or pod between flavor changes – something that we’ll walk you through in this article – but it’s much easier to simply have more than one tank or pod. You can devote each tank or pod to a different e-liquid flavor. This gives you the ability to switch flavors as often as you like without ever needing to worry about flavor ghosting.
A pod system is ideal if you love variety, in fact, because vape pods are made from plastic and are very affordable as a result. Having several different pods – each devoted to a different flavor – requires a very small investment and allows you to change flavors as much as you like simply by pulling one pod out of your device and pushing another one in. Having multiple vape tanks, on the other hand, requires you to spend a bit more money. Either way, it’s worthwhile to strongly consider using multiple tanks or pods simultaneously if you want to change the juice in your vape easily.
How to Change the Juice in a Vape Tank
We’ll begin this guide with instructions for changing the juice in a vape tank. One of the benefits of using glass vape tanks is that they’re easy to disassemble and clean, and that means it takes only a few minutes to rid all traces of your previous e-liquid from a tank whenever you want to switch flavors. Here’s how to do it.
- Wait until you’ve used all of the e-liquid in the tank if possible. When you clean your vape tank to change the flavor in it, you’ll lose whatever e-liquid is presently in the tank. To avoid waste, you should continue using the tank until it’s empty.
- Disassemble the tank. If it’s difficult to fully separate the tank’s components from one another, you can just unscrew the bottom and leave the rest of the tank assembled.
- Remove the coil. Set the coil aside if you plan to continue using it. Note that if you reuse the coil, you will experience at least a little flavor ghosting due to the e-liquid remaining in the coil’s wick. It’s best to replace the coil when you change the juice in your vape tank.
- Rinse your tank’s components and dry them thoroughly with paper towels.
- Prime a new coil by putting a few drops of vape juice on each wick opening.
- Install the coil. Reassemble and fill the tank.
Do you plan to change the juice in your vape tank often? If so, you may not want to replace your coil constantly because that would be wasteful. In that case, you can rotate between two vape coils. After removing a coil from your tank, rinse it thoroughly and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours. Use a different coil while that one dries.
How to Change the Juice in a Vape Pod
As we’ve explained in this article, the easiest way to change the juice in a vape pod is by having several pods available and devoting each one to a different flavor. You can’t do that if you only have one pod available, though, so here are the steps you’ll need to take if you want to change the flavor in a vape pod.
- Wait until the pod is empty if possible. Because you can’t disassemble a vape pod, it isn’t easy to get the e-liquid out after the pod is filled. You’ll find this process much easier if you use the e-liquid in the pod before changing flavors.
- Remove the pod from the device and open the filling port. If the pod has a replaceable coil, remove the coil and set it aside. The same rule applies here as in the previous section; it’s best to replace the coil in a pod when you want to change flavors.
- Tap the pod gently over a sink to remove as much of the e-liquid as possible.
- Rinse the pod under running water. Your goal is to get as much water as possible inside the pod in order to force the e-liquid out.
- Tap the pod again to remove the water.
- Allow the pod to dry completely before using it again.
You can follow the instructions above to change the juice in a vape pod even if the pod doesn’t have a replaceable coil. It’s important to note, though, that there’s no way to completely eliminate flavor ghosting in a pod with a permanent coil because some of your previous e-liquid will still be in the coil’s wick. As you continue to use the pod, though, you’ll find that the flavor of the previous vape juice slowly begins to fade away.