As most of us may already know, antioxidants play a significant role in our skincare and beauty. Most of these antioxidants can be found naturally in blueberries, green tea, pomegranates, and even white tea. But another source of natural antioxidant was discovered recently, and it is from a coffeeberry extract that came from the Coffea Arabica plant fruit. We typically brewed and consumed the coffee bean as a beverage and not so long ago, the flesh of this fruit was used to be discarded after use. But after several clinical studies, they are now used and extracted because of the benefits they give to help us maintain flawlessly smooth skin.
How is Coffeeberry Extracted?
Coffeeberry is derived from the coffee cherry fruit that is harvested in the sub-ripe growth stage. As we mentioned, the coffeeberry is obtained from the Coffea Arabica beans that are grown in Ethiopia. The coffeeberry has three layers, which are the Pulp, Mucilage, and Hull. Once it is picked from the plant, the seeds of the coffee cherry are taken out and further processed for other healthy products. The coffeeberry can be in powdered and extract form.
What are the Benefits of the Coffeeberry Extract?
Using products with coffeeberry extract can give you the most potent antioxidants which contain high levels of phenolic acids and polyphenols. The coffee plants are grown in high altitudes and in places that are close to the equator. These locations are typically exposed to the intense sun rays, which helps the coffee plant to create antioxidants that secures them from the extreme weather conditions. That’s why using products with coffeeberry extracts can give your skin a healthy glow and enhance your beauty.
- Coffeeberry Helps Treat Inflammatory Skin Diseases – Coffeeberries contains polyphenols, which works as a topical anti-inflammatory on our skin. That is why coffeeberry extract can help prevent and treat different inflammatory skin diseases such as contact dermatitis.
- It Smoothens Your Skin’s Texture – Coffeeberry is known to help restore the skin’s elasticity and moisture.
- It Helps Prevent Coronary Artery Disease – The polyphenols that can be found in coffeeberry can help neutralize our body’s toxic free radicals, and it can also help control the cholesterol level in our body.
- Coffeeberry Extract Helps Minimize Collagen Damage – Toxic free radicals are commonly caused by UV rays, and when someone is often exposed to these harmful UV rays, it can result in damage to your skin. Typically, the oxidation of our skin’s collagen is the leading cause of wrinkles. Using coffeeberry extract on our skin can help prevent wrinkles and other general skin damages that comes from harmful UV rays.
- Coffeeberry Helps Treat Asthma – The polyphenol in the coffeeberry extract is known to be an excellent treatment for Asthma.
- Coffeeberry Helps in Weight Loss – Coffeeberry contains chlorogenic acid, which is an active weight loss compound. Research shows that chlorogenic acid has an effective result in consuming in food diet.
Coffeeberry Extract Products You Can Try
Now that we laid down the healthy benefits that coffeeberry extracts can give you, here are some products we can recommend for you to see the fantastic results of coffeeberry extracts.
- Cold-pressed Roasted Coffee Bean Oil – When applied on the skin, this oil can help you feel reinvigorated and bright. This product contains pure, unrefined, and cold-pressed coffeeberry oil that is rich in essential fatty acids, which helps in moisturizing your skin and reducing wrinkles and fine lines. This product can also help soothe your skin from inflammations and acne, hydrate your scalp, and prevent stretch marks before they appear.
- Priori Coffeeberry Night Complex – This product is a night cream that is formulated with the coffeeberry extract. It helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles. It is non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and colorant-free cream that has a warm vanilla scent that leaves your skin radiant and ageless looking.
- Hana Naia Zinc Coffeeberry Moisturizing Sunscreen Spray – This sunscreen spray contains Hawaiian coffeeberry extract that protects you from UV damage while hydrating your skin. It offers you chemical-free sun protection, and it has zinc oxide, which provides broad-spectrum protection from UVB, UVA, and UVC.
- Konabiotics Probiotics Coffeeberry Extract Capsules – This is a dietary supplement that contains probiotic cultures, vitamin D, essential B vitamins, and Hawaiian coffeeberry extracts. This food supplement helps support your mood, natural energy, and cognitive function. It also enables you to maintain a good digestive and immune system.
- Hana Naia Coffeeberry Facial Serum – This facial serum made from Hawaiian coffeeberry fruit extract, and it is rich in antioxidants. It helps awakens, hydrate, and nourish your skin to give you healthy and glowing looking skin.