Would you mind eating a delectable snack that is actually good for your body? Well, we are talking about one famous snack that has caught people’s attention due to its rich moist taste and high nutritional value – keto granola bars. This is a high on demand product that you will find at every other store. Why not, when you get so many benefits packed in a single product, who would want to miss it. The best keto bars are the ones that satisfy your hunger cravings without leaving you a pang of guilt for consuming processed sugar or flour.
If you read the recipe below, you will know about all the good ingredients that go in a keto bar. You can try the recipe or order low sugar granola bars at home. Below is one very simple recipe for a homemade granola bar, and find out how adding premium oat groats can level up your snack recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon (kosher) salt
- 1/4 cup dried fruits ( crushed peanuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews, etc)
- ¼ cup coconut,
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Start making keto granola by preheating the oven at 350°. Take a 9-inch square dish and line it with parchment paper. You can even foil and spray cooking spray lightly.
- Now, place your nuts and oats on the rimmed baking sheet and lightly bake them for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure that they are lightly toasted.
- While the toasting is on, you can start mixing butter, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Then cook the mixture over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Keep stirring constantly. As the mixture starts to bubble, stir for 1 more minute and then remove from the pan from the flame.
- Take the toasted nuts and seeds and place them in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and salt to this mixture. Pour the whole mixture on the oats and seeds and stir till blended. Add the remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips. Make sure that all the oats are soaked in the mixture.
- Wait for the mixture to cool down and then add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Time to pour this oats and seeds mixture into the prepared pan. Use s rubber spatula to spread and press the mixture. Press firmly as it’s going to make the bars stick together strongly.
- Now freeze the granola bars for at least 2 hours. Now lift the bars from the edges and place them on the cutting board. Cut the bars into your desired shapes and sizes. Tada! Your homemade granola bars are ready. You can store them in an air-tight container and keep them by the side of your bed or at the office table. Place parchment paper between the bars to avoid sticking.
This is the easiest recipe to make granola bars at home.