Every once in a while, it may be necessary to replace either some of the office equipment or furniture. Or it might be because of an office renovation or relocation . In either situation, an office clearance would be necessary. For any smooth sailing during the whole process, getting a reliable clearance company is essential. After all, it is important to avoid any unnecessary disruptions or inconvenience that may arise amidst the clearance.
But how do you avoid the hustle and bustle that you may encounter during the process? Proper planning and choosing the right office clearance company are some of the things that would make the process less stressful. This guide shall take you through some of the basics when it comes to having a seamless clearance for a commercial office.
Important tips for an effective office clearance
When planning an office clearance, every decision is aimed at minimizing downtime for your business. Your budget is the other important thing you need to put into consideration. Using second-hand furniture can be one option. As pointed out by the specialists at Rethink Office Furniture, you can save up to 70% by using second hand furniture instead of buying new ones.
Thorough planning is vital when it comes to making any decision that you know might impact your business in any way. Highlighted below are some of the important things to consider when planning a seamless office clearance.
- What items do I want to get rid of? It is essential to have a clear list of what you want to get rid of and what should remain. This will be important in determining the amount of work as well as the estimated duration of the clearance.
- Establish a timeline for the completion of the office clearance. Usually, this depends on the size of the property and amount of work. By giving yourself ample time and allowing for a reasonable timeline, not only will you be able to choose the right clearance company but the process will also be less stressful.
- Select a suitable clearance company. With an efficient and reliable clearance company, you will be spared from all the headache and stress associated with handling such a project.
- Ensure the company you’ve hired is a licensed waste carrier. Of course you don’t want to be slapped with any civil claims from third parties as a result of improper disposal of your waste! The company should comply with the set insurance, health and safety policies.
- Ensure proper disposal of the unusable furniture and redundant IT equipment. You can either choose to recycle, re-use or even donate some of these things. Of importance is also having a WEEE specialist to take care of any Waste electronics and electrical equipment(WEEE).
Choosing a reliable office clearance company
There is no perfect formula when it comes to choosing the right clearance company. But, with proper planning and project management, choosing a suitable office clearance company will be easy. Although some might mistake a removal company from a clearance company, it is important to distinguish between the two. One of the major differences between removal company and clearance company is in the amount of work involved.
Usually, a removal company simply transports your belongings to your new location whereas a clearance company helps you clear everything including what you won’t need. Below are some of the things that characterize a suitable office clearance company:
- Good reputation. This can be derived from any reviews from other clients or testimonials.
- Should be licenced. As mentioned earlier a good clearance should adhere to the insurance, health and safety policies and regulations.
- Having an eco-friendly approach. The company should have an effective environmental policy.
- Should be WEEE certified. This means they’re capable of properly disposing any waste electronics and electrical equipment.
- Should have the resources needed. From the workforce to the equipment and vehicles among other things.
- Should be experienced.
- Should give you a detailed and reasonable quote for their services.
- Should be accountable. Do they have any post-clearance reporting?
Well, were you planning an office clearance? I bet this just made everything seem simpler right? Now you know how to best avoid any headaches and sleepless nights because of a clearance project.
Pro tip; Proper planning and project management is the way to go. Of course, and having a qualified office clearance company!