If you are someone who wants to make a career as a Shopify Developer, then this guide on Shopify store development is handy. The development store is used for testing & installing the applications. In this guide, I will highlight the essential information that covers up everything about the development store. You can make a note of every section I will be talking about as this is going to be useful.
Understanding Development Store
Many of you are wondering what the development store is for? It’s a Shopify account that enables the developer to perform testing & install any apps. It allows the developer to display an example store for the app listing page, and most importantly, create a store for your clients.
Well, a Shopify web designer can build many development stores that one can access from the Partner Dashboard. Moreover, there are no charges, and there are no time restrictions. Plus, offer all the functionalities which the advanced Shopify plan provides.
When building a Shopify app, the first thing is to create a development store. For instance, when using a Shopify App CLI, Shopify expert will be notified to select a development store prior to the app project.
How to Develop a Shopify Development Store?
The best part of having unlimited development stores is that one can create, test, and explore a number of test accounts. Below are the steps to get started:
- When you are on the Shopify Partner Dashboard, click on “Stores.”
- Next, click on the “Add store button.”
- Here select the “Development Store.”
- Now give the store a name, URL, password & purpose.
- Once the things are done, tap on “Save.”
Congratulations, you have created the development store. Now you can log into the development store by clicking on the “Stores tab” in your Partner Dashboard. Once the development store is created, you can proceed with the app creation.
Enhancing Development Store Functionality
When I hired the web designers in NJ, they not only worked on my site but helped me to create the eCommerce application. However, not all the features on the site development were free. To make the best use of the development store, the paid features were quite helpful. Just make sure it meets your website needs; otherwise no need for the premium features.
One can Transfer Store Ownership
Once the work is done, the client will demand store ownership fully. So web designers, with the help of store development, can transfer ownership. It’s one of the exciting parts that the developers find. Let’s learn about a few steps for transferring store ownership.
- Click on “Stores” when you are at the partner dashboard.
- Now tap on “Actions” and select “Transfer ownership.”
- Here, you are allowed to select the new owner from the list of eligible new owners. Your client name will only come if you have added them as a staff member. If not added, then click “Add a staff account” and build a new account for your client to get them on the new owner’s list.
- Once done, click Transfer store. Until the client has not accepted the transfer, the store will remain paused.
This was all in the Shopify store development. I hope you find it helpful and can make the best use of the development stores.